Sunday, July 15, 2012

Challenge - Butchered Blueprint

As always, the weekend brings us my Haunted Design House submission.  This week we're working from a Butchered Blueprint. 


I have to admit, this is my first time doing a blueprint and I set to work creating.  Surprisingly, it came together fairly quickly and wow, it was frightening and not in a good way.  Hubby looked at it and went 'huh'.  So, for future reference, when the person who loves you most in the world can't think of a single thing to say about your art, perhaps it's time to sleep on it.

And I did - and below is what I came up with. 


I rubber stamped my broken doll (unmounted blue rubber) with Memento and colored it with pencils - ugh, brown and blue is the atrocious color combo on the jacket.  I mounted him on a bit of doily that I had thrown away because it didn't go through the die machine correctly.  Some felt, embroidery floss and a few more buttons and I was set.  


The final step was the stick pin in the heart.  Sad little thing. 

As a bonus for sticking with me this long - here's a close up of the best part of my first attempt - I made the 'blood drop' on the pin with embossing powder.  So cool!


Thanks for stopping by!

7 comments:

mark gould said...

That stamped image is fantastic, I love him, where is he from?? I am glad I am not the only newbie to blueprints, It took me all week to think of something.
that pin you made is really really cool.Im glad you stuck with the challenge, the result rocks.
mark

Creepy Glowbugg said...

Fabulous sketch card! That little voodoo doll is one of my favs - I need to pull him out of retirement. LOVE all the details, but am very intrigued by the first project bits you showed. It looked very cool too.
Thanks for joining us at HDH this week!

ike said...

Wonderful :-D I love that little guy... he's just too sad :-) LUV both projects actyaly. Thank you for joining us at Haunted Design House.

Gráinne said...

WOW! Love it! Great work ... I love the little doll ... where is it from?
I don't like doing blueprints very much myself, but this one was fun.
Best, Suzanne

Andrea C said...

It is very very cool. LOve your card and your first attempt looks immense. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House xx

Beverly G said...

That little doll is creepy cute. Where did you get him?
I love your first attempt and that drippy blood,pretty cool. I'll have to check out this challenge site.

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!! Love them BOTH! Don't feel bad, my hubby always says "Huh?" when he sees my stuff, or better yet says "cute" without even looking at it. LOL Great job on both cards. Thanks for joining us at HDH xxD