Sunday, October 14, 2012

HDH - Bats, Bats, Bats!

Happy Weekend!  Of course, it's time for another Haunted Design House post.  This week, they've chosen Bats in the Belfry - anything to do with bats.  Which, if you know me at all, means that I'm over the moon!

This is how much I love bats: 
I spent a week in Cairns, Australia volunteering at a bat hospital. It was one of the best experiences of my life. I have bat jewelry, clothes, tattoos, decor - my friends all know I love them.
 
The worse part of this week's challenge is the fact that I couldn't really make anything creepy and I made a gazillion things because hey, bats!
 
So, without further ado: 
 
I love this card - the moon is embossed and the bats are actually pieces of confetti that I folded and glued to a hand-drawn line.   It was inspired by a stamp that has birds sitting on a wire.  I think this might be my Halloween card this year.

Below, I went with an embossed background and a simple die-cut 'BOO'.  I stacked some bats  to give a little bit of dimension and added a black pearl.  Simple but pretty.

 
These guys are ridiculous - I don't even know what I was thinking.
 
Below is my version of a sampler that I've seen on the internet in a gazillion places.  I'm not sure I like the color scheme; I may redo it in grey tones.  
 
And finally, here's a quick card that uses tiny little bat punches as a frame.  I planned on putting little pearls on all the bats, but I ran out, so I tried to improvise with gel pen.  Eh.
 
 
There are more, of course, but I think I'll pace myself. 
 
As always, thanks so much for looking!


5 comments:

Creepy Glowbugg said...

I was waiting for your battiness to be posted! Fabulous job on all of the projects.
I can see that you need me to make you a couple of new bats huh? I don't think they turned out too bad though. Practice makes perfect. Email me if you are interested in some new bat ornaments.
glowreahhh@gmail.com
Thanks for playing with us this week at HDH!!

mark gould said...

Fab stuff. Love the moon and I really like the sampler as it is. Those bars are awesome
Thanks for playing in the dungeon at hdh this week

Andrea C said...

These are all amazing projects. The little clay guys are super cute. Thanks for sharing with us at haunted design house x

ike said...

Ooooh cozmic batty overload - I LUV it. Your projects are amazing.. I love the orange one with bats on a wire best and the little clay guys are AWESOME.... you have to sell them or something... they'd go like hot cakes :-D
I would love to have been with you at the bat hospital and I would love to have a fruit bat :-D
Thank you for sharing your gorgeous projects with us at Haunted Design House this week :-) x

DonnaMundinger said...

WOW! Batarama! Fabulous projects! thanks for sharing with HDH. xxD