Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ride 'Em Cowboy!

I wasn't even born when Clint Eastwood starred in For a Few Dollars More - I saw it when I was an impressionable pre-teen and I fell in love with the Man with no name.  So, when Gingersnap Creations posted their Chestnut Theme - Cowboys and Cowgirls, I knew I had to include my first movie star crush. 

Say hi to the sexiest cowboy ever.  Swoon.


I distressed a black and white photo that I grabbed off the web and put it behind a rolled opening.  I colored a few chipboard stars and highlighted them, as well as the background paper, with a black gel pen.  I hand folded the rosette and added the twine.  I found a sheriff's badge in my charm drawer and I was done.

As always, thanks so much for visiting!

9 comments:

JP Card Crazy said...

How cool is this card love the background!! Of course there is Clint also....

Sharon said...

This is a great card! Love the "sherrif's" badge with the "saddly up" wording! Great photo too!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love it- great background and love the sentiment on the star. Really Clint's hair looks so dark here.....!

trisha too said...

Well, hello, cowboy! What a FUN piece--that sheriff's charm is just the right added bit, too. Thank you for joining in at Gingersnap Creations!

:)

Gerri Herbst said...

Clint is so fine. Love yr creation,beautiful work. Would love to saddle up with him! LOL.Thanks for having fun at Gingersnap creations.

Marjie Kemper said...

Fabulous rolled frame.... great touch!

judyjstamper said...

Very creative Chriss!! I have that b/g paper too~ your fan and star adds a great touch.

Terry said...

This is so brilliant! Love that you used Clint for a cowboy! This had to be so fun to create! Love this!

I hope Blogger figures out the problem soon. It seems that many of us are having different kinds of problems with commenting! Have a great weekend!

Michele said...

this card is awesome! well done. xo