Sunday, May 22, 2011

Ride 'Em Cowboy!

I wasn't even born when Clint Eastwood starred in For a Few Dollars More - I saw it when I was an impressionable pre-teen and I fell in love with the Man with no name.  So, when Gingersnap Creations posted their Chestnut Theme - Cowboys and Cowgirls, I knew I had to include my first movie star crush. 

Say hi to the sexiest cowboy ever.  Swoon.


I distressed a black and white photo that I grabbed off the web and put it behind a rolled opening.  I colored a few chipboard stars and highlighted them, as well as the background paper, with a black gel pen.  I hand folded the rosette and added the twine.  I found a sheriff's badge in my charm drawer and I was done.

As always, thanks so much for visiting!

10 comments:

JP Card Crazy said...

How cool is this card love the background!! Of course there is Clint also....

Sharon said...

This is a great card! Love the "sherrif's" badge with the "saddly up" wording! Great photo too!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love it- great background and love the sentiment on the star. Really Clint's hair looks so dark here.....!

Jingle said...

Very nice!

trisha too said...

Well, hello, cowboy! What a FUN piece--that sheriff's charm is just the right added bit, too. Thank you for joining in at Gingersnap Creations!

:)

Gerri Herbst said...

Clint is so fine. Love yr creation,beautiful work. Would love to saddle up with him! LOL.Thanks for having fun at Gingersnap creations.

Marjie K said...

Fabulous rolled frame.... great touch!

judyjstamper said...

Very creative Chriss!! I have that b/g paper too~ your fan and star adds a great touch.

Terry said...

This is so brilliant! Love that you used Clint for a cowboy! This had to be so fun to create! Love this!

I hope Blogger figures out the problem soon. It seems that many of us are having different kinds of problems with commenting! Have a great weekend!

Michele said...

this card is awesome! well done. xo