Sunday, May 15, 2011

The Mark of the Beast

I'm totally slipping in under the wire over at Haunted Design House - this week their challenge is The Mark of the Beast.   It just so happens that I'm a total horror movie freak - and one of my top 5 favorite movies is The Omen.  So here is my homage to my favorite little antichrist - Damien Thorn.



The requirement was to use six of something three times; I did six flowers, 6 little crosses and Damien has six letters.  I printed out a publicity still from the movie, covered it with scratched acetate that I stamped with the number 6 and added a frame.  I was going to do a straight forward gloom/doom sorta thing but the background of Damien's picture seems so bright and cheery with the blue and green and I couldn't resist making the flowers to match.   Hey, just because you're the antichrist, it doesn't mean that can't enjoy a little scrapbooking!

As always, thanks for looking!

3 comments:

Susan Says (Stupid Stuff) said...

Mwahahahaha, because colour co-ordination matters, even in the underworld! :P Fab make and I love the contrast of the bright cheery flowers against all the macabre :D
Don't forget you also get to choose any item from my shop for free just for entering HDH this week, so if there's something you'd like just email me (orders@craftychaosdesigns.co.uk) and let me know what it is :)
http://craftychaosdesigns.co.uk/

Creepy Glowbugg said...

It's positively brilliant! What better subject for this challenge, but the little Antichrist himself?! LOVE this!!
Thanks for playing along this week at HDH!

Andrea C said...

Love this card, you have done an amazing job x